Hospitality Internship in Shenzhen
Duration: 3-6 months
Stipend: 3000 RMB/month
Other Benefits: Meals
About the company:
This airline-associated, award winning hotel group is centered on customer service, effective management and marketing and is present in nearly 20 major Chinese cities. As a food and beverage associate here, interns will carry out daily restaurant operations, from promotions to customer service to inventory, execute training for Front-of-House staff, monitor day to day operations, maintain protocol across the business and complete various other food industry and management duties as requested.
Food and beverage employee responsibilities are listed below. Additional responsibilities may be requested as needed.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly tasks including food and drink promotion, customer service, inventory and additional requirements
- Manage and execute training for front of house positions including wine standards, restaurant food options and customer service protocols
- Coordinate with management to monitor labor, inventory security and certifications as necessary
- Supervise restaurant staff, including scheduling, coaching, training, evaluating, interviewing new hires and more
- Track and enforce accurate inventory, facility cleanliness, health standards and consistency of food product
- Follow all procedures as created and enforced by external and internal guidelines
- Update specials and menu boards daily as necessary
- Train shift leaders across all job responsibilities
- Assist staff and management as requested in menu preparation, staffing, inventory, maintaining standards, cleanliness, etc.
Additional requirements for food and beverage positions are:
- Ability and willingness to work as a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to obtain necessary certifications